Nothing ruins your plans like a case of the flu, so plan ahead for a flu free winter. Make sure you and your family are protected before the flu season sets in. Book your no fuss vaccination in store or online with your nearest participating Priceline Pharmacy for only $11.99*
* Influenza vaccines will be administered by nurse practitioners. Persons under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Persons with severe egg allergy should consult with their doctor or health care professional to determine suitability for the influenza vaccine.
Influenza, or ‘flu’ as it is commonly called, is a contagious disease caused by a virus. Flu is often classified as a respiratory disease, but may affect the whole body. The infection:
• begins suddenly
• may last 5-10 days
• may keep you in bed for up to 5 days
• can disrupt your work life or holiday plans
• can result in serious complications in high risk individuals
Anyone can catch the flu. Being fit and healthy does not stop you from getting it. You can also unknowingly infect others, as it takes 1-3 days for symptoms to appear. Flu is a highly contagious disease that spreads via:
• touching contaminated objects and transferring germs to the respiratory system
• The vaccine will not give you the flu. It does not contain ‘live’ virus, but merely alerts the body to the threat of the virus.
• One common side effect is mild soreness at the injection site, which can last a few days.
• One dose of influenza vaccine may protect you for a whole winter’s flu season